- Water back-up is often referred to as sewer and sump pump back up coverage
- An endorsement for most homeowner’s policies
- Coverage for your home and personal property in the event of water damage from a sump pump, drain, or sewer overflow or backup
- This is NOT flood insurance
Does your homeowner’s policy cover water damage?
- There is some limited water damage coverage
- A thorough review of the policy conditions is necessary to know exactly what is covered
- The loss must be sudden and accidental, for example:
- Pipes freeze and burst
- Dishwasher or refrigerator water hose ruptures
- Water damage is covered but NOT the ruptured part
What is flood insurance?
- Covers direct losses caused by flooding of the property due to flowing surface water
- Flood is NOT covered by any standard property policy
- Is a federally funded insurance program
- Flood Insurance is available to anyone