Water Back-Up

  • Water back-up is often referred to as sewer and sump pump back up coverage
  • An endorsement for most homeowner’s policies
  • Coverage for your home and personal property in the event of water damage from a sump pump, drain, or sewer overflow or backup
  • This is NOT flood insurance

Does your homeowner’s policy cover water damage?

  • There is some limited water damage coverage
    • A thorough review of the policy conditions is necessary to know exactly what is covered
  • The loss must be sudden and accidental, for example:
  • Pipes freeze and burst
  • Dishwasher or refrigerator water hose ruptures
  • Water damage is covered but NOT the ruptured part

What is flood insurance?

  • Covers direct losses caused by flooding of the property due to flowing surface water
  • Flood is NOT covered by any standard property policy
  • Is a federally funded insurance program
  • Flood Insurance is available to anyone